This is a courtesy reminder that on Tuesday, August 9 at 6:30PM there will be a Regular Board Meeting in the SPUSD Board Room at 1020 El Centro Street.
- You can read the August 9 agenda here:http://southpasadena.agendaonline.net/public/Meeting.aspx?AgencyID=146&MeetingID=33414&AgencyTypeID=1&IsArchived=False
The first day of the 2016-2017 school year is Thursday, August 18, 2016.
Below, you can read some recent SPUSD NEWS:
South Pasadena Unified School District School Board Approves $98 Million Facilities Bond Measure for November ElectionSOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (July 12, 2016) – The South Pasadena Unified School District (SPUSD) School Board approved adding a $98 million facilities bond measure to the November 2016 ballot. If voters approve this measure, the funds will be used for upgrades and repairs to education facilities as well as new construction....A comprehensive facilities assessment recently completed by SPUSD revealed the need for health and safety improvements to buildings, repairs to heating and cooling systems, and replacement of aging roofs. The assessment explored opportunities to replace portable classrooms with permanent buildings, create new instructional spaces for visual and performing arts education, and modernize and preserve historical theaters and auditoriums. CLICK HERE to read more.
Board Members Approve Resolution Opposing SR-710 Freeway Tunnel
(July 2016) – The South Pasadena Unified School District (SPUSD) approved a resolution opposing all the SR-710 Freeway Tunnel Alternatives, requesting the SR-710 North DEIR/S address the adverse health impacts and risks to students, staff and parents who are in close proximity to the potential route. SPUSD school board members also presented a similar resolution to the Five-Star Education Coalition – encouraging its members to vote to oppose all 710 Freeway Tunnel Alternatives. All parties are asking state officials, Caltrans, Metro and others to work to implement the strategies outlined in the Beyond the 710 Initiative. CLICK HERE to read more.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Here's the link to the May 10 Board Meeting:
Here's the agenda for the April 12 Board Meeting:
Tuesday, March 8 at 6:30PM there will be a Regular Board Meeting in the SPUSD Board Room at 1020 El Centro Street.
- Here is the March 8 agenda : https://southpasadena.agendaonline.net/public/Meeting.aspx?AgencyID=146&MeetingID=7084&AgencyTypeID=1&IsArchived=False
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) News: South Pasadena Unified School District (SPUSD) is seeking input from parents, community members, students, and educators through an online survey in order to gather data about the impact our services and programs are having on students. To access the LCAP Stakeholder Survey, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C89XYM8 and complete the survey by March 15, 2016. Data collected will be used by focus groups and administrators to update the LCAP in time for the next fiscal year. Click here for more information: http://spusd.net/note/view?d=x&id=1456820663408&group_id=1332658559183&return_url=1457320318073
Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!
Here are a few updates about the proposed Mission Place Project (MPP):
- This week the proposed MPP's parking study was released. You can read the document here: http://spusd.net/news/view?d=x&id=1453106567542&group_id=1332658559183&return_url=1454902730423
- The deadline for written comments in response to the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) has been extended to March 4, 2016. Here is the link where you can submit a written comment: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19StFkQ-ngvDzp3p6LOuJ7hmFXeJAHD_V5mJEfDnPFTY/viewform?c=0&w=1 Written comments can also be sent directly to: David Lubs, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, South Pasadena Unified School District. E-mail: DLubs@spusd.net. Mailing Address: South Pasadena Unified School District, 1020 El Centro Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030.
- A meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 16 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm in the board room at the South Pasadena Unified School District offices at 1020 El Centro Street. The proposed project developer, Legacy Partners, will make a brief presentation to the attendees followed by a question, answer, and comment period.
The next regularly scheduled SPUSD School Board Meeting is this Tuesday, February 9 at 6:30 pm in the board room at the South Pasadena Unified School District offices at 1020 El Centro Street. Here is the link to the agenda: http://southpasadena.agendaonline.net/public/Meeting.aspx?AgencyID=146&MeetingID=7083&AgencyTypeID=1&IsArchived=False
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Dr. Suzie Abajian
Board Member, South Pasadena Unified School District
This week the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Mission Place development project was released to the public and can be viewed online here: http://spusd.net/news/view?d=x&id=1435126479739&group_id=1332658559183&return_url=1452312285148
Hard copies of the document are available at the SPUSD office, the South Pasadena Library and South Pasadena City Hall.
This Tuesday, January 12th, at the SPUSD board meeting the district will conduct a public hearing to receive feedback concerning the Draft EIR for the Mission Street Project. Verbal comments made during the public hearing will be summarized, but not transcribed, by the Environmental Analyst and included in the Final EIR.
In addition to oral comments made at Tuesday's public hearing, the School District will accept written comments on the Draft EIR for a 45-day period (January 5, 2016 to February 18, 2016 at 5:30p.m.). Written comments should be sent to: David Lubs, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, South Pasadena Unified School District. E-mail: DLubs@spusd.net. Mailing Address: South Pasadena Unified School District, 1020 El Centro Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030.
Neighbors (owners and occupants) within a 500 foot radius of the project and those provided by the City included on a list of individuals and/or organizations “interested” were also mailed a notification regarding the 45- day public comment period.
You can also click on the image below to read the South Pas Review article: http://south.pasadenanow.com/comments-welcomed-on-mission-place-project-draft-eir/