This is a courtesy reminder about the upcoming Tuesday, April 18 (6:30PM) Regular Board Meeting in the SPUSD Board Room at 1020 El Centro Street.
- You can read the April 18 agenda here: http://southpasadena.agendaonline.net/public/Meeting.aspx?AgencyID=146&MeetingID=33422&AgencyTypeID=1&IsArchived=False
ON THE AGENDA:
- Report & Discussion on Construction Options for the South Pasadena Middle School "Old" Gymnasium
Below, you can read some recent NEWS:
- On April 11, two of our SPHS students participated in a Town Hall with Congresswoman Judy Chu sponsored by the South Pasadena Democratic Club. Sophomore Sophie Dreskin and Senior Anthony Chen read questions from the audience to Rep. Chu in the Library Community Room.
- Congratulations to the SPHS Virtual Business classes, which recently competed in the San Francisco Competition and Trade Fair. Pictured below from left to right, Kate Ba, Ben Elbaum, Daniel Chun and Jae Jin Lee won first place in the Sustainable Business Plan Competition. Tiger teams overall knocked out the competition with six, first place awards, one second place award and two gold level awards. Go Tigers! (photo credit: SPHS)
- On March 21, together with 150 CA School Board Members I went to Sacramento for a California School Boards Association (CSBA) Legislative Action Day to advocate on behalf of our public schools. We met with our state Senators and Assemblymembers and asked them to support legislation that would address school funding issues and the California teacher shortage. Last month I was elected by the school boards of surrounding cities to the CSBA Delegate Assembly. I will be representing 13 school districts in Region XXIII.
With Senator Portantino
With Assembymember Holden
In the California State Senate Chamber
With Assemblymember Chau
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Dr. Suzie Abajian
Board Member, South Pasadena Unified School District